My holiday plans kind of went askew, because I decided to drive up to Queensland to spend a few days at Mum & Dad’s farm. The kids are having a ball, and though the temperatures are pretty frosty in the mornings, the sun is gorgeous! Master 1 is spending hours at a time outside, playing with the dogs and wandering the yard. Master 4 has decided he can’t be shown up by the baby and has overcome his concern about the dogs and also playing nicely, AND he caught the first fish of the holiday, much to Master 11’s disgust. Miss 8 spent the day at work with Granna on Friday being helpful, and has adopted one of the dogs as her personal friend. Master 11 has been fishing and bike riding with abandon and he and Grandpop have just disappeared to an offsite fishing spot, so he’s super happy. Of course, two days of driving (more than 1100km) and another two days of driving still to go home again has enshortened my break somewhat, but I’ll keep plugging away!
In the interests of keeping me honest, here’s my holiday list again, with a WHOLE POINT ticked off!
- Edits for many, many stories. Announce and advance a couple of other projects in the works. Apply for a grant. (all FableCroft things)
Interviews for a blog project.Done! Well, the first part, anyway 🙂
- Write about eight zillion reviews (books and TV).
- WA School Library Journal layout.
- Application for Google Teacher Academy in Sydney.
- Sort and dispose of several boxes of toys.
- Catch up with friends. I can claim a little of this, but they are QLD friends, rather than Canberra ones!
- Paperwork/tax stuff.
- Keep up with emails – already struggling with that, but please bear with me! Actually, I’m happy with where things stand for this, despite the blow out of travel days.