It’s been fairly quiet around these parts (though pretty active over on the FableCroft site, for reasons which will become clear!), but I’m still alive, still banging on! There’s no way I can cover all the stuff that’s gone on in the past couple of months, but here’s a little roundup:
- decluttered and thoroughly went through the entire house (this was planned for January, but we decided also to put our lovely house on the market *sigh* so was even more important!).
- caught the Spirit of Tasmania and drove up to Canberra to start new job! (it’s fantastic, I love it, both the job and Canberra itself!).
- started brilliant new job in lovely big boys’ school (was a bit intimidating at first, but the students, and the staff, are really nice).
- applied for some Arts funding by way of forthcoming Pozible campaign for Cranky Ladies of History project (we find out tomorrow if we have the potential to succeed!).
- worked on several FableCroft things, including Jo Anderton’s forthcoming novel, Insert Title Here slush wrangling, Cranky Ladies stuff, Hobart book launch for Tansy and Dirk’s books (March 9, Hobart Bookshop!) and loads more.
- Started to meet up with Canberra friends at various times.
- Flew home on weekends to hang out with the family (and friends in Tassie).
- Finished initial CBCA reading for the Book of the Year awards, in anticipation of the judging conference in early April.
- Probably about 8 million other things I now can’t remember!
So yes, it’s been a really busy time! I’ll try to keep up 🙂