I’m just going to list the things I’ve been doing instead of blogging, because that might explain why I haven’t been blogging…
- Marking university assignments and sessional tutoring (two different universities).
- Writing a subject for Charles Sturt University’s new Masters degree.
- Reading approximately 8 million books on a deadline for CBCA Book of the Year Awards.
- Wrangling Aurealis Awards judging.
- Publishing several books since October.
- Edited final copy of WA School Library Association journal for 2013 (plus reporting for AGM).
- Organising birthdays for several of us and Christmas at home for us and a bunch of friends.
- Trying to maintain a semi-organised and clean house of six people.
- Maintaining an active social schedule for the children…
- Applying for several jobs. Failing to get shortlisted for a single Tasmanian one (Tas-mate-ia…), but getting flown up to Canberra for an interview for a fantastic position in a lovely school and being offered the job on the spot. No, we aren’t moving at this stage – I’m going FIFO while David is house-husband!
And probably other stuff I’ve forgotten because I’ve been too damn busy!
Goals for the next four weeks before I start my new job:
- Sort out and cull the zillions of boxes still not unpacked.
- Tidy out the kids’ rooms & cupboards.
- Find a small studio/bedsit/unit to live in while in Canberra.
- Edit forthcoming FableCroft novel.
- Sort out (with Tansy) Cranky Ladies pitches for FableCroft.
- E-publish final Glenda Larke novel in the Isles of Glory trilogy.
- Finish the final touches on the unit writing for uni.
- Hang out with kids.
- Read more CBCA books.
- Wrangle shortlists for Aurealis Awards.
That should do it!