Just scrolled back and realised it has been over a month since I did a proper update here. It’s been busy and May has completely caught me unawares so I’ve had to hit the ground running!
I seem to have had deadline after deadline, some of them big, some small, but they’ve been piling up like crazy. Over the past month or so I have:
- had the house settle, and organised a bunch of renovations to happen before we move in (next week!).
- presented an hour long talk on getting published, thanks to CBCA Tas.
- attended kids’ school events and chauffeured them about to various things.
- got sick (just a cold, which luckily never really laid me low, but was annoying).
- had Mum & Dad visit, with the lovely touring about (mostly to find fishing spots for Grandpop & Master Ten) that entailed.
- went to Conflux, the spec fic Natcon in Canberra (just for two days, but was great!).
- launched two books.
- published more books/stories electronically.
- had Alisa come to visit for a week (wherein we made lots of plans and progressed some projects).
- had a husband home for almost the whole time as he was sick.
- edited and laid out the WASLA journal.
- proofed some cool projects.
- marked a bunch of uni assignments (okay, that’s still in progress…)
- socialised a fair bit.
- read some books
- lots more stuff I can’t remember.
And had a fairly unsettled baby throughout – he’s been sleeping shockingly, but touch wood is improving a bit both with longer day sleeps and less night waking. Hopefully next week’s move doesn’t muck him up again.
I’m a lot in love with our new house. Really not looking forward to the packing and moving and unpacking next week, but SO looking forward to being in this house. Husband got the trampoline put up today, and he and the kids have been around there swimming almost every day since it settled, despite the builders/painters etc being there! We have built in the garage to be a fifth bedroom, and it has BUILT IN BOOKSHELVES! Ridiculously excited about this, and the other shelving in the house. We also tiled some living areas, and got a fair bit of painting done. We’ve also got some new screen doors coming, and solar panels (to subsidise the heated indoor pool running costs!), but the house is just fantastic.
Might be a bit slack on the updates for a bit longer, but hopefully in another week or so I can get back into being more present!