Yesterday we launched Worlds Next Door at the local public library. Simon Haynes came down and hosted for me, and I was lucky enough to have a couple of local authors come along too. There was a great turn out (kicking butt on that four per launch that Simon talked about!) and lots of food and drinks and kids and friends and fun!
Things ran *fairly* smoothly (I forgot to take my famous zucchini muffins that everyone loves that I’d spent hours baking on Wednesday; and I really MUST write a running order for next time!) but wouldn’t have if it weren’t for the help of so many fantastic friends. Let’s see who I manage to forget!
* Simon was fantastic, and it was great to see him too 🙂
* was awesome doing the sales – she even sold books to people who should have had freebies!
* who ROCKED in the cupcakes and cakes! Omigosh, SO good!
* ‘s kiddies, who helped set up, wrangled (and thoroughly entertained) smaller kids, and did some videoing.
* Leith, for helping set up, and picking stuff up from work for me (and my school, for letting me borrow said things). And for his reading.
* Jen Banyard, for reading so beautifully!
* My husband, who supports.
* My kids, for being great!
* Sandy, Helen, and Sam, for set up, baking, loaning, kid wrangling and cleanup duties!
* Joycey, for brilliant photos and super quick sending some, and Jen & Sam, for more photos!
* Rockingham Community Library (particularly Deb) for letting me have the launch there and being so helpful.
* Everyone who came and said nice things!
I had a great time and am very grateful to everyone who helped make it happen (and that includes the authors and artists in the book!). Thanks everyone!