Crossing off the list…

We’ve had two "social" engagements fall through yesterday and today. We headed out to the 10.30 session of Princess & the Frog yesterday, with the intention of meeting up with Miss Four’s best mate and family. 10.30 came and went – we tried to ring, and sent a text saying we’d head in and save them seats. They eventually turned up about 15 minutes into the movie proper (how can people DO that?!) and I proceeded to miss about a third of the film as the children’s bladders were not working as well as they should have been! Darn it. What I saw was good though – back to traditional animation, some fun songs and a story just a little bit different. We then made plans for me to drop kids at their house later that afternoon, prior to me going to the hospital for pre-surgery anaesthetist appointment. A bit over an hour later though, they rang and asked us not to, as M4’s little mate had been naughty and so her punishment was no visitors! Didn’t really worry me, although I would have pushed the kids to have a sleep if I’d known they were going to have that time at home!

So we headed to the hospital, and it was actually good for the kids to see where we would be next Friday. They didn’t have me down for my appointment (WTF?!) but found my file and slotted me in anyway. Meant a longer wait though, and kids were tired and antsy (although doctor still complimented them on their behaviour, which was nice). While we were waiting, we saw a teeny tiny baby and knocked out mum come out of theatre, which I pointed out to the kids (but assured them I wouldn’t be asleep on the table!). Came home to chip off acrylic nails that I only got two weeks ago – forgot about not being able to have falsies during surgery. Nails now tatty, but not as hideous as I thought they might be!

Today I managed a bit of a sleep in – kids are getting very good at getting up and quietly watching telly in the morning, which has been lovely. Then we got ready and headed up to Belmont to collect hire baby capsule. Red Cross people were very nice, and it was all very smooth, even though we were nearly an hour early! 

This afternoon I’ve forced the kids into the pool to wear off some energy, done a bit more sorting and moving about in the shed, put some excess junk in there (neatly, unlike some people who do it *glares in absent husband’s direction*), and edited another story or two for Worlds Next Door. We had a (grown-up) friend visit cancel for a tentative visit today, but hopefully she’ll come tomorrow or Friday. I need to get my edits finished so I can move on to some reviews with deadlines. Important! And WASLA newsletter. And   has promised me some Shiny to layout over the next couple of days. Eep. Best get going!

Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Have your say

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s