Due to the frustrating timing of the house settlement, and subsequent date for having to be out of THIS house, I have to cancel our trip to Adelaide (booked for at LEAST six months now). I put this decision off as long as possible, but now it seems pretty certain we won’t settle til June 2nd, not next week as I’d hoped.
This sucks for a great many reasons. Firstly, of course, I really wanted to see all those of you who are going. Swancon this year was fun, but didn’t have nearly enough of the people I want to hang out with there. Second, I’m going to be out of pocket for the room deposit and flights and full membership. Well, the room deposit, definitely, but hopefully the flights will go into credit. Which might not be very useful, as we have no other flying plans in the next twelve months at this stage. Particularly not on Tiger… Thirdly, I’m gonna miss seeing Adelaide, as I’ve never been. Fourthly, I was looking forward to launching Horn with Alisa, and hopefully talking to authors about the new projects we’re currently reading for and all that. Fifthly, I wanted to be at the business meeting, as the last one was so productive.
Oh yeah, and y’know, maybe doing some con stuff too.
Sucks all round.
So, if anyone doesn’t yet have con hotel accommodation booked, I have not cancelled yet – it’s a two bedroom suite. Also, if anyone wants to buy my full membership, I’ll sell at the price I paid (earlybird rate, back in 2008), and I’ll repurchase an associate membership instead.
*sigh* I’m sad now. I’ve also warned hubby that I’ll most likely be in a very bad mood on that weekend. He’s been warned.