Why do they always go so quickly? These last few days have flown by, as we’ve had family friends (practically family really) visiting and have been out and about. So I didn’t get everything on the list done, but I got enough done to get by…
Remove paint from back deck * Apply for Access editor job (I know I said I wasn’t going to but they actually ASKED me to! It’s a night time extras thing…) * Get WASLA newsletter done (waiting on some photos, but the laid out stuff is off at proofing, and it should be finished tomorrow night) * Marking (one lot out of three done, but I can bluff the kids on the others 🙂 )
* Prep for school – poetry (started, enough to get me through the first week).
Filing * Prepare spare bedroom for visitors (arriving Saturday) * Find somewhere to live (offer made on property 23/4/09 – also got two weeks extra in current house approved ETA: Bank appointment Friday got things in motion – contract signed!)
* get kids ready for back to school (delayed til tomorrow night!)
Must be done soon:
* t-shirts for Adelaide?
First day back at work:
* Apply for unpaid leave to go to Adelaide – might not happen, but need to have it in case.
* Apply for PD days for ASLA Conference
* Take photos for WASLA article of revamped library
* Clear out more crap – don’t want to move it! (ETA: Having a Great Book Giveaway next Sunday May 3rd to clear out a few boxes worth of books – if you live in my vicinity and want some free books and a cuppa or glass of wine, feel free to come along between 11am and 7pm!)
* write pending reviews for Scarecrow, Succubus in the City and The Forest of Hands and Teeth (ooh, that one will have to wait cos Kate’s got the book)
* Sort out Lightning Source account (technically could slide til later, but needs doing)
* get removalist quotes for big stuff
* Move (graaagh)
* Adelaide (hopefully)
* Judging writing competition
* Possible open reading period for Spec Fic for Kids anthology
* grant writing
* Great book giveaway!
* get together (with kids!) to farewell Matt Chrulew
* other editing commitments
* Aurealis judging starts (if they want me again 🙂 )
Things already achieved these holidays:
* Swancon & New Ceres Nights launch
* Gardens and lawns fixed up (okay, so I cheated and got Weeding Women out to do the gardens, but I still achieved it!)
* Clothes sorted and packed up
* Rubbish in garage GONE.
* Lots of books read (does that count?)