Well, no surprises here…
|What Be Your Nerd Type?
Your Result: Literature Nerd
Does sitting by a nice cozy fire, with a cup of hot tea/chocolate, and a book you can read for hours even when your eyes grow red and dry and you look sort of scary sitting there with your insomniac appearance? Then you fit this category perfectly! You love the power of the written word and it’s eloquence; and you may like to read/write poetry or novels. You contribute to the smart people of today’s society, however you can probably be overly-critical of works.
It’s okay. I understand.
|What Be Your Nerd Type?
Quizzes for MySpace
This came from one of the Yahoo lists I’m on. Wish I had some time…
Call for Submissions – Fantasy Writing Guide…
Posted by: “Dave A. Law” email@example.com dega_studios
Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:33 pm (PST)
Dragon Moon Press is planning a series of topic-specific guides within
the Fantasy genre. The first guide in the Element of Fantasy Writing
series is on Magic. As such, we are accepting proposals for chapters
on any aspect of magic that might interest other writers. Proposals
should briefly outline what you plan to cover in the chapter, why you
think such a chapter should be included in the guide and bio of
yourself. Multi-proposals are fine, though chapters will be limited to
one or two per author. Chapters should be about 4 to 10 thousand words
long. Preference will be given to previously published authors,
however, other talented writers will be considered. The deadline for
chapter proposals is March 31, 2007. Expected release date is fall
2008. Proposals can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject
header of “Fantasy Guide Proposal”.
Dave A. Law & Val Griswold-Ford
PS: Feel free to forward this to any individual, writing group and/or
organization that may be interested.
Dave A. Law
“The Complete Guide to Writing SF: Volume 1 – First Contact”
Dragon Moon Press – Coming Aug. 2007
Virtual Tales – ePublisher
ASiF! recently put up this review of Andromeda Spaceways issue 27 (which I edited). I’m glad she liked the art and she made some interesting points. Issue 28 should be out in the next week too, coolies!
So the year just got a *little* bit more complicated. For the next six weeks or so at least.
1) We’re pregnant – number 3 (about 10 weeks along – due mid Octoberish) – this means me, sick, tired etc etc til about 16 weeks (if history is anything to go by).
2) Our tenants at our new place are leaving. Husband ecstatic, can’t wait to go. Me, looking forward to new place, not looking forward to packing/moving/unpacking. Bleah.
3) Means giving notice at work.
4) Means figuring out what to do with boy for kindy for term 2.
5) Means figuring out what to do about doctors for new baby. Have had same doctor for nearly five years, through two kids already. Very nervous about changing. (Also going to Dr Death’s hospital – am sure it’s wonderful now but still…)
6) Did I mention packing?
7) Still working on ASIM best ofs, and issue 31. Hmmm. Should be okay. Got til June for the Best Ofs, issue 31 well underway.
8) Glad I’ve already booked tickets and motel for Convergence – no excuses!
In some ways, moving now is better – no clashes with Convergence, we can concentrate on selling the old house and so on. Leaving work a bit sooner than I’d like, but these things happen. Husband will be so over the moon, so that’s a plus.
It’ll all work out. It always does.
YOUR DETECTIVE NAME (favorite color and favorite animal): Teal Kitten
YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME (middle name, and childhood street): Crofty Darra
YOUR SUPERHERO NAME (2nd favorite color, favorite drink): Indigo Juice
YOUR WITNESS PROTECTION NAME (grandmother and grandfather’s first name): Gwen Leo
YOUR GOTH NAME (black, and the name of one your pets): Black Cat
YOUR FANTASY NAME (Prince/Princess and first letter of your father’s last name, apostraphe, first syllable of your last name): Princess C’Wes
YOUR PORN STAR NAME (One of your pets names, and a street you’ve lived on): Kimba Edith